We’re literally summoning the spirits (Tequila) with this sage-infused elixir meant to clear your mind, space, and tbh sinuses, for the intense few days ahead. The best part of the ritual? You get to smash a piece of orange rind, which is both a visualization practice of defeating Trump but also adds a beautiful citrus top note. We take that back, that’s an insult to oranges!
1 oz Cointreau
2 oz Tequila (or more lol)
1/2 oz lime juice
Lime wheels for garnish
- Muddle the orange rind, Sage (a little goes a long way), and lime wheels in a cocktail shaker
- Use your pestle to let some of your frustration out
- Add ice, Cointreau, Tequila, and Lime Juice
- Cover and shake, imagining you're disrupting the current administration
- Strain and pour into a coupe or goblet if you need something bigger
- Garnish with sage, lime wheel, and orange rind
- Using your middle finger, draw 3 counterclockwise circles and a pentagram around the rim of your glass, envisioning what you want you to happen next Tuesday.
- Drink and repeat several times